Device Protection Upgrades Protection <360>®
As the Un-carrier, we are dedicated to offering our customers the best possible experience in every interaction. You reached this page for more information on upcoming updates to T-Mobile's device protection program .
On this page:
What's going on?
We are making some changes to offer a better experience to all our customers. Effective November 1st, 2021, T-Mobile's device protection plan provided by Assurant, Protection <360>® (P <360>), will receive an upgrade.
- In most cases, the monthly costs will be the same or lower.
- You may see prorated charges for the <360> feature change on your November bill.
- These changes will not result in an open enrollment period. Standard requirements for line enrollment apply without device protection .
- We are making some changes to offer a better experience to all our customers. Effective November 1st, 2021, T-Mobile's device protection plan provided by Assurant, Protection <360>® (P <360>), will receive an upgrade.
What are my benefits?
As of November 1, Protection<360> includes these exclusive benefits:
- $29 walk-in screen repair service for eligible devices, available at new authorized repair centers, including T-Mobile stores. 1
- Available at new authorized repair centers at eligible T-Mobile locations. 1
- Five total claims (previously three) in any consecutive 12-month period based on date of for loss, theft, or accidental damage.
- Coverage for damage, loss or theft includes replacements with next business day delivery.
- Hardware service coverage (mechanical failure): 2 unlimited claims.
- Unlimited screen protector replacements 3 : when it breaks, get a new one.
- JUMP!® Upgrades 4 :get the latest device.
- The Protection <360>® app by Assurant® 5 (formerly TechPHD by Assurant®): access to live technical support for your connected devices.
- True Key™ premium password management: forget about having to remember numerous passwords and keep your account secure.
- McAfee® Security for T-Mobile with identity theft protection: helps protect your identity on up to 10 devices. 6
If you were automatically enrolled in Protection <360>, you will receive these exclusive benefits with your plan, at no additional cost.
What do I need to maintain coverage?
Use these resources to learn more about your benefits, coverage documentation and details on how to file a device protection claim:
*Insurance policies include the equipment replacement program and advanced equipment insurance. The service contracts include the equipment service and repair program, the advanced equipment service and support program and the MaaS extended warranty program, and the technology expert agreement will be terminated.
1 Available at Assurant authorized repair centers, including T-Mobile service and repair centers. Applicable where and when repair service is available; otherwise, we will provide replacement equipment and charge the appropriate service/deductible charge based on the level of the equipment for any other accidental damage.
2 When purchasing and installing a screen protector from T-Mobile. Does not include liquid crystal screen protectors
3 A $5 processing fee is charged for claim changes due to mechanical failure through T-Mobile. There is no processing fee for eligible mechanical failure claims handled by the manufacturer.
4 For eligible equipment purchases through an Equipment Installment Plan (EIP) upon payment of 50% of the equipment cost.
5 Download and register the Assurant® Protection <360> app to enjoy access to all features. Availability and features may vary by device and operating system
6 Provided by McAfee® Security for T-Mobile. There may be limitations on the size of each video that can be backed up and protected.